Tuesday, April 13, 2010

uncle

First off, I want to apologize to the 3 people who actually take the time to check on this blog.

I have failed you and my heart is full of shame.


It's become apparent to me (and you, I'm sure) by my lack of updates that:
1) My plate is way too full right now, and
2) I am over Idol.

At least for this season.

Even reading my most recent posts, there isn't that joy or snark or even intelligent commentary to make writing or reading this blog worthy of your time or mine.

Without that joy...it just doesn't make sense to continue, when I have so many other irons in the fire that need tending.

Honestly, this is the first Idol where I am ZERO PERCENT invested in the show or the contestants. Less than zero. We're in the negative range. I am -7.4% interested.

To be clear, Miley Cyrus was the last nail in the coffin for me.

This show has jumped so many sharks over the course of it's history, sharks I have forgiven time after time, but having Miley as a "mentor"...

Just typing those words makes what's left of my melted brain begin to melt all over again.

I hope you guys are still getting some level of entertainment from the show, but honestly, even trying to watch it has become a chore. If I would rather do my dishes than watch a TV show? You know it's a lost cause.

I have a really full plate right now. Writing projects, home related hi jinx, prepping for a showcase I'll be directing in June, auditions...too much keeping me away from the TV at present.

I'd like to hope that maybe by calling it quits now and taking a full break from the show that maybe, maybe I can step up to the plate next year and have the fun with it I've had in year's past.

I really don't know if my apathy can be morphed into something productive...but hope will spring eternally.

Enjoy the rest of the season, watchers!

Seabreeze, Out!

No comments: